Safe-Travel-Home-For-Christmas Totem

Untitled

I realized I can show you guys something without ruining a surprise!  This is an ornament I made for my sister and brother-in-law... It's a have-a-safe-travel-home-for-Christmas horse totem!  In Native American culture horses represent, among other things, travel.

Untitled

I drew out the horse shape with the Scandinavian dala horse (I tend to be drawn to Scandinavian design) and the rocking horse (reinforcing the movement aspect) as inspiration.  Of course I had to throw in some triangles and color blocking on this beautiful maple wood!  (I'm going to add a screw hook so it can hang!)

p.s.  I'm way behind on my blog reading, but hope to catch up with you all soon!  Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend!

Comments

  1. Maple is my favorite wood. I even have a maple dining room table and bed.

    This ornament is so cute and I love the story behind it. Here's to safe holiday travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shape and the color design!!!
    xxx Ale
    happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great horse stylized horse shape and I love the triangular patterns and the typical red of the Dala horses. We bought one of these Dala wooden horses when we went to Sweden many years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts