Home for the Wall

Untitled

Back to some Christmas projects!  (I think they're almost done!)  This one however is one my sister made that I wanted to show you!  It is very similar to the project she made back in August for a wedding gift.

Untitled

She had this vintage frame, but since she couldn't find a mirror (like what she used the first time) she used plexiglass.  Luckily enough Dad had some in the shop!  He cut it to fit the frame (seriously, what would we make without him?  Not much is the answer to that.) and then Gin put vinyl sticker letters (which she found at the hardware store) on the plexiglass.  After a few coats of spray paint and once it was dry, she peeled off the letters... et voila!

I think what's really cool about using the plexiglass is that whatever is behind the frame will show through the letters... like the color of paint on the wall, or you could even put whatever kind of paper you want on the back!  Beautiful job sis!

("Home is wherever I'm with you," is from the song Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.  Great song!!)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'll pass on the compliment to my sister!
      Kate :}

      Delete
  2. I like the fact that you can see through the letters and get to see the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're all so clever!!! I love the idea of having whatever's behind the frame show through the letters - automatic matching!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great quote and great idea. It would be fun to do with papers or fabric behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you haven't seen this yet, I have it :)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxDASw6Ry9c

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts