Lupo the Lamb

Untitled

I finally found an excuse to purchase and make one of Lydia Tresselt's crochet doll patterns! You should check our her Etsy shop lalylala. So many cute ones! I decided to make Lupo, because I thought it could be a cute baby gift. (If you are on Ravelry, you can find the pattern page HERE.)

Untitled

I ended up using a heavier weight yarn and a larger hook than the pattern originally calls for. I used Vickie Howell's Sheep-ish yarn (worsted weight) in "white-ish" and "grey-ish," and used a 3.5 mm (E) hook. Since the sheep is for a baby I didn't add the pom pom cords for the cap, and sewed the cap to the head. I also embroidered the eyes instead of using glass or safety eyes.

Untitled

Don't you just love the texture that is created by the bobble stitches?! I might have even been able to size down another hook to make the spaces between the bobble stitches even tighter, but no stuffing should be able to come through anyways.

Untitled

The yarn is so soft! I thought it very fitting to make a sheep with some yarn that had some wool in it!

Untitled

Such a cute pattern with great directions! I'll definitely be trying another lalylala pattern in the future! (Maybe the fox or the raccoon?!) I just need to find another excuse to make one!

Comments

  1. Oh I just love this lamb! The bobble stitch is perfect and the whole thing looks so cuddly. You've made it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these patterns also. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i love the texture too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gavin loves his lamb. I tell him it's nigh nigh and to get lamby and he gets her brings her to me and goes to sleep

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg that fox just stole my heart. My birthday is coming up 😉hehe jk love ya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts